31 years of inspiration


I am 31 years old (today), and feel freer now than I have ever been.  I am grateful for all the sources of inspiration that have shaped me over the years.  I am especially thankful to be God's workmanship.  He is the script-writer of my story, and I am his penmanship.

I want to acknowledge a few recent sources of inspiration:

1.) My husband (and the breakfast in bed he delivered this morning):

2.)  My new bracelet sent from my best friend Emily.  I cried and laughed (at the same time) upon receiving this gift:

Engraved: "Happy 31st Birthday, Your motherhood dream begins..."

3.)  Dr. Brene Brown, TedTalks
"Listening to Shame"
(Thank you to all my Mom friends who have confessed your short-comings and failures as a Mom. Thank you for your vulnerability which helps me to deal with my own fears in a more courageous way.)

4.)  Dr. Brene Brown, TedTalks
"The Power of Vulnerability"(Her first TedTalks video)

5.) Miss Representation
This is an important documentary exposing an injustice that has caused significant pain in my life (body image issues and self-rejection).  This has ignited the activist in me.  I plan to do everything in my power to educate and protect young girls and women so they can see their worth, significance and have every opportunity to fulfill their highest potential in life.

6.) Emma Watson on modesty
"I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me – dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that. Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?’ My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.  


7.) This Album - Abigail Zsiga's "Be Still My Soul".  These hymns quiet my heart during restless nights and bring me a sense of calm when I am feeling anxious during the day.  I highly recommend downloading this one! 




7.) This song - Crossfire by Brandon Flowers
In particular, this line:  "And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fear, the boundaries of our fears..."

Cheers to 31 years of life (and more life)!

"...I have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly." - Jesus
John 10:10

Comments

Popular Posts