Can our love create miracles?

I often get lost in my wonderings about God, life, and the world he created.  I name two things as God's greatest creations;  first, infant babies and second, zoo babies!  I enjoy contemplating God as creator.  How amazing that he gave us a world that is full and plentiful ~ enough to keep us occupied, bewildered, and amazed.  We never have an excuse for boredom in the kind of wild planet we call home.

Joe and I recently took a Western European Cruise on a Norwegian ship that does frequent excursions to Antartica, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and beyond.  I nearly wept as I saw the video footage from these excursions.  Videos of polar bears playing in the ice, whales diving in the deep, and Northern Lights casting beautiful shades of green and purple throughout the Norwegian skies.  Our earth, human and animal life are spectacular.  There are so many unexplored, untouched and mysterious places.  These are the places of my daydreams and wonderings.

Still there is one tiny wonder that has captured my mind, heart and soul in recent days.  This is the life I carry inside of me.  I have a 4lb baby girl growing in my belly.  She is made of my husband and I - together we made life

In the movie, The Notebook, Alli asks her husband at the nearing of their deaths, "Do you think our love can create miracles?"  

Indeed love can create miracles.  My daughter is living proof of this reality.  Only a generous God would give us the ability to create life out of love as he did in the creation story.  God said we are made in his own image and likeness, and he loves us in the way a Father loves his children.  Joe and I often wonder who our baby girl will look like and whose personality traits she will carry. One thing we know for sure is she will be made in our image and likeness.   What an incredible thought. 

It is already enough that Joe and I get to enjoy the beauty of marriage, but now we get to bring life into the world - a trace of the love and life we have shared.  Nothing is more beautiful than this.  This is truly life's most divine gift.   

Comments

Popular Posts