The Sweet Life of Mom

Being a Mom is simply the sweetest experience.  Many days are incredibly demanding, and I have often found myself in tears overwhelmed by two kids in constant need, and a teenage niece with many needs as well.  In those moments, I lean into God, into my husband and deeply into friendship.

I realize how lucky I am.  Lucky to get to love, enjoy and build these lives.  My hands don't make beautiful paintings or artwork, but they make my children's lives abundantly more beautiful.  They make beds, banana muffins, ponytails, and picnics in the backyard.

Today was a celebration of Mother's Day in which I could not get in touch with my own mother, and could not catch a minute alone with my husband.  He made Sunday brunch reservations for us at 'The Palace' downtown, but our babysitter called in sick.  Instead we loaded up the kids in the minivan, and headed to Bob Evans where we enjoyed a nice simple family feast with limited fuss.

I love being a Mom.  I have the heart for it like nothing else I have experienced in life.

Below are some of my Mother's Day highlights....

Pepper and I enjoying a picnic together in an Under Armour outfit her Daddy bought me.

Bob Evan's with Cool and the Gang!  (Joe is cool).

Mother's Day generosity.  My glass in my left hand :)


Lastly, one of the reason's I love country music.  It best describes my life!

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular Posts