Plastered by the Rain


Joe and I just announced our best news yet - we are 14 weeks pregnant with a party baby!  I have been calling it my "party baby" since our 13-week ultrasound when we saw the baby sucking its thumb with one hand and waving to us with the other hand.  The baby was so animated and active I couldn't help but to think it was having a party in my belly.  Witnessing this was one of the best days of my life.  I laughed all day long.

What amazes me is that even in sunny moments of my life, I still can get plastered by the rain.  I have family members who make poor choices, add to the hurt of others and break the hearts of those who love them.  I have personality defects that I can't seem to overcome which ultimately spoils the joy I could be experiencing in life.   Sunny rainy days are rare, however, this has been my experience of life.  

I really wanted to share this video (from a great storyteller) about being plastered by the rain, experiencing love, and finding shelter.

"What Trace doesn't realize is that as his Dad I would do anything to get him home" - Rob Bell

Comments

Popular Posts