Julie, Julia and Debbie!


Tomorrow I leave for Montpellier, France to take a week of both French lessons and French cooking classes by Chef Armand (apparently a notable French chef).  I am so excited!  I desperately need to refine and improve my chopping skills.  I am s-l-o-w with a knife.  Thank goodness for my vegetable chopper (Joe and a gadget from Williams-Sonoma).

I look forward to learning to cook with new unfamiliar ingredients and in the French style of cooking (extra butter).  Pastries here are crazy good - flakey, buttery and usually cheesy.  Across the street from our new home is a small cafe that sells $3 cheesy ramekins that will melt in your mouth.  If only I could make them for you one day...(that's the point).  See, I'm doing this for you!

Ps.  I am taking Seattle with me via fast train.  Joe will meet us there next Friday for a day and then we will travel home sweet home.

Bon appetit!
Debbie

Comments

  1. I am seriously jealous. So glad you get to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you. Wow- what an amazing time in your life. Both of you. Wow. Praying for you. You are such a beautiful gift to this world.
    Lots of love,
    Elizabeth Hummer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about your crazy adventures. You'll come back to the States one cultured sophisticate, way too high society for this corner of the earth! A big smile, accompanied by a firm chuckle, came over me at the title of your blog. I LOVE it! It is SO you guys. I miss you TONS and look forward to many conversations over skype where you get to share your exciting life and I get to tell you about mine, replete with poopy diapers and laying fresh mulch. Give Seattle a hug from Aunt Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! I feel as if I am Eliza Dolittle taking french lessons so I can pass as a proper lady. I don't know how sophisticated I will be upon my return, but I will likely be humbled. Everyday is a humbling experience. I'll keep you posted with new pics by the weekend! Muwahh xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts