Dog vs. Wild


I could do a show on Animal Planet named "Dog vs. Wild".  Since Seattle has arrived Switzerland and since we have been taking him off the leash to run the fields - he has turned into a wild dog.  He thinks he is free and in the jungle.  Example, today he chased a herd of cattle across two fields.  Two farmers were helping me chase him down.  They were giving me a "talking to" for taking him off his leash.  I apologized as I didn't see the cattle until Seattle ran them down.  And I promise you, Seabiscuit could not out-run our dog.

Yesterday,  Seattle was sniffing and digging in tall grass.  I thought nothing of it, until he dug up a mole and slammed it from side to side until it was dead as a doorknob.  I was in utter shock screaming for him to drop it (which he did).  I don't like rats, mice or anything that resembles the two.  It was so gross and so sad.

Another new thing Seattle has discovered is what we like to call  his "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" move.  He started this a couple days ago.  We were walking around the corner, and he sees someone so he drops in the grass not to be spotted then jumps up as they approach.  He forgets I am standing there watching him which calls attention to his location!  He loves to do this move on unsuspecting dogs as well.

Another discovery Seattle has made - HORSES!  There are quite a few horseback riders riding through the vineyards we frequent.  Seattle loves to be near the horses so he runs after them, but then stands on the sideline gawking (in amazement) as to admire their strength and size.

What can I say?  He loves being unleashed in the great outdoors!  Who doesn't?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts